- Students admitted to Bronte College are required to pay all fees in advance as per the fee schedule.
- When the student has acquired Student Visa approval from the Canadian Immigration Authority, no refund of tuition fees will be granted.
- When a new student is unable to obtain a valid student visa or passport to enter Canada to study at Bronte College, he or she will receive a refund of the tuition fee less a CAD$200.00 administrative fee. To request a refund, the student must return all original Bronte College documents and the original rejection letter from the appropriate government authorities.
- When a student has been granted a study permit by the Canadian Immigration Authority but decides not to come to Bronte College; no refund will be issued in this case.
- Where a student is removed by Bronte College as a result of a disciplinary action, unused tuition fees will not be refunded.
- If a student withdraws from Bronte College, unused tuition fees will not be refunded.
- Students who require additional courses beyond the initial payment (of six or eight courses) or wish to upgrade or retake a course are required to pay the additional fee in advance.
- Where a student drops a course, with the Principal’s approval, before the course drop deadline for the semester, the tuition fee for the course will be credited to a later semester. No tuition fee will be refunded. Where a student drops a course after the course drop deadline, the full tuition fee for the course will be charged. A course drop form must be completed by the student and approved by the Principal.
- International students admitted to Bronte College are required to pay all residence fees prior to the commencement of the school term in advance as per the fee schedule.
- Residence fees are charged by the semester. If a student withdraws from Bronte College at any point during the semester, unused residence fees will not be refunded.
- When a student is expelled from the residence as a result of a disciplinary action, residence fees will not be refunded.
- Students are required to stay in accommodations arranged by Bronte College. Single rooms in the school residence are reserved according to the date on the Official Letter of Acceptance. Minors are given priority in room assignment.
- Shared residence accommodations and/or Homestay may be assigned if single rooms are not available.
- When an international student is unable to obtain a valid student visa or passport to enter Canada and study at Bronte College, the residence fee will be refunded in full.
- Students who have graduated from Bronte College may apply to stay in residence. The same fees and regulations apply.
Please drop-off a Bank Draft or Cheque, in person, at the Business Office payable to Bronte College.
Kindly wire funds directly to the school’s account and please add CAD 20$ for the bank surcharge. The banking information is as follows:
c/o Bank of Montreal
6605 Hurontario Street, Mississauga, Ontario, Canada L5T 0A4
Account No. 1028-098
Transit No. 38582
Swift Code: BOFMCAM2
The most efficient payment process for an international student to pay their student fees from outside of Canada is through Western Union’s GlobalPay for Students. This option allows you to pay the Canadian dollar student fees in the currency of your choice. Note: This is not a payment through Western Union Agent locations (except in the case of some payments from India). You will simply be paying a Western Union Bank account, and then Western Union transfers the funds to Bronte College in Canadian dollars. For more information on the benefits of using Western Union GlobalPay, please visit the Bronte College website. Step-by-step instructions for Western Union GlobalPay are provided below:
Step 1: Navigate to the Western Union GlobalPay for Students website
Step 2: Provide Student/Payer Information
- Complete the required fields on Western Union’s website (Student’s Bronte College ID number, student’s first and last name, email address, etc.) and select NEXT.
Step 3: Enter Payment Details
- Enter the amount you wish to pay in Canadian dollars and select NEXT.
- Select the currency that you would like to pay in* from drop down list. You will notice on the
right-hand side that you now see the amount that you will be paying in the currency selected.**
- Select the checkbox if you would like to receive the payment instructions via email.
- Complete other fields as listed if payer is not the student then select NEXT.
- Review conditions and select the checkbox, then select SUBMIT.
NOTE: You may need to temporarily allow pop-ups on your computer in order to view the payment instructions.
Step 4: Bank Transfer
- Print your payment instructions and make the payment. For most countries this will be by wire at your bank.***
- Instruct your bank to wire transfer funds to the Western Union bank account indicated on your payment instructions.
- The reference number on the payment instructions is very important.
- It MUST be included on your payment in order for the funds to be correctly and promptly applied to your student fee account. A reference number should NOT be used more than once. If you are making a second payment, or have a quote that has expired, please go through Steps 1-3 again to get new payments instructions with a new reference number.
- The payment must be sent within 72 hours of the quote or Western Union shall use the current exchange rate to convert the currency. The expiry of the quote is indicated on the bottom of the payment instructions that you have printed.
Step 5: Payment Finalized
- While the transfer is in progress your account will continue to show the outstanding amount.
- Bronte College will post the Canadian dollar equivalent to your student account, generally two to
five days after your local bank initiates payment.
* If your local currency is not an option available in the system, you will need to choose another currency on the list to arrange your payment, or contact email@example.com for more information. The subject line should read “Western Union payment issue”. Please indicate what currency you are trying to pay in, or where you are trying to pay from, and what the precise issue is.
** When paying from China or India, you will be given your rate when you process your transfer per the payment instructions.
*** For payments from India, China and South Korea, you will be instructed to pay on a particular website or bank (e.g. ICICI for India)