Bronte College Implements Online Learning
March 17, 2020
Dear Bronte College community,
I am writing to you on the behalf of the Pandemic Committee who met Monday morning to review the latest information regarding the COVID-19 in Ontario. Bronte College remains free of COVID-19, however; we are aware that more widespread closings of schools and universities are taking place with classes moving to online.
As a result, Bronte College will now be closing in-class lessons and implementing online teaching starting March 23rd until April 5th. Students will be confined to Bronte College property starting immediately.
Our Pandemic Committee is focused on keeping our community and your children safe at Bronte College while enabling them to continue their education. Our Pandemic Committee will be meeting on a regular basis to ensure that we have met the highest standard of Health and Safety for the Bronte Community.
These are the new protocols in effect immediately.
- EFFECTIVE IMMEDIATELY ALL BRONTE STUDENTS MUST REMAIN ON PROPERTY UNTIL FURTHER NOTICE.
- Outside breaks for the students on Bronte College property will be organized and supervised. Any student leaving the Bronte College property at any time during shutdown will be put into quarantine for 14 days.
- Homestay and Day students will remain at home where they will complete their studies.
- All students are expected to be in their rooms ready for online classes to begin on Monday, March 23rd. Attendance will be taken, and students are expected to complete all of the work assigned.
- Students will receive and new timetable indicating the changes in times for their classes and they are expected to sign into the class on time.
- Teachers will be available via SKYPE which all students have access to and students may email their teachers if they require further information regarding the lesson.
- To lessen contact of student-to-student, we will be serving meals to smaller numbers and instructing students to keep a chair’s length between them for social distancing. Following meal times, they will return to their rooms for further classes.
- No visitors will be allowed into Bronte College and only essential staff will enter the building following Public Health protocols.
- A separate area of our Residence has been set-up for students requiring quarantining or isolation. Our nurse will be tending to any students who are ill. The nurse will call 811 health link to have a health professional come to test the students and/ or staff possibly infected with the virus.
- Students must refrain from close contact with other students and practice the 1 metre social distancing policy.
- All cleaning staff has been instructed on the levels of cleaning in a situation of this nature and more continuous cleaning in high traffic areas.
- Timetable beginning March 23rd until further notice.
Students have to join in the first 10 minutes of the class or message you ahead if there are any issues.
The timetable has changed slightly so please see below-
Students will be called to Brunch based on floor number
|Breakfast||7:00 – 7: 45 am|
|1||8:00 – 9:18 am|
|2||9:20 – 10:48 am|
|Brunch||10:30 – 12:30 pm|
|3||12:30 – 1:48 pm|
|4||1:50 – 3:08 pm|
|5||3:10 – 4:30 pm|
|Dinner||4:30 – 6: 30 pm|
Please remember that to date, Bronte College does not have any cases of COVID-19 and we ask for your sincere support so that we can continue to keep the Bronte College Community safe and COVID -19 free.
Your child’s health and well-being are very important to us.
Head of School
- Academic News (11)
- Blog Post (2)
- Bronte Sports (4)
- Events at Bronte (20)
- Newsletter (26)
- Residence News (4)
- Uncategorised (6)