Coronavirus Plan: Updates
January 28, 2020
Here are some of the updated key features of Bronte College’s Coronavirus plan that we believe will ensure you and your son and/or daughter stay informed. As well as understand the need to follow our strict hygiene rules and report to the nurse immediately if they acquire any flu-like symptoms:
- Students arriving to Bronte who have travelled to China in the last month will be isolated within the campus building.
- All visitors to the school will be required to complete a travel questionnaire.
- Starting immediately, all outside food delivery persons will not be permitted inside the Bronte College campus.
- Students will be informed at an assembly on February 3rd, of the correct hygiene required to keep them healthy during the Canadian flu season and this potential Coronavirus.
- Dr. N. Gouda, Head of Student Governance, will present to the students the means by which the Coronavirus and other seasonal flu are transmitted.
- All students and staff of Bronte College were informed of the Coronavirus symptoms and advised to remain home if any symptoms are present.
- Students in residence report to the front desk or Nurse in person or by phone to report their symptoms. When their temperature is taken and if a fever is present in combination with any other symptom, they will be masked and taken to a clinic for assessment. Upon returning from the clinic, they will be cared for in an isolated area of the residence until they are symptom free.
- Records are being kept of all students and staff exhibiting flu-like symptoms.
- Identified Coronavirus cases must be reported to Public Health Ontario by the Healthcare Provider.
For further information regarding Coronavirus please contact https://web.mississauga.ca/city-of-mississauga-news/news/community-health-update-coronavirus/ or https://www.ontario.ca/page/wuhan-novel-coronavirus-2019-ncov to receive the most up-to-date information. You can also read our complete Coronavirus plan by going to the main page of our website and using the link provided.
Head of School