COVID-19 Protocols on Campus
August 12, 2021
COVID-19 Protocols at Bronte College
At Bronte College our priority is the health and safety of our community. Since the beginning of the Pandemic, we have implemented numerous safety measures to protect our staff and students including mask and temperature mandates, increased sanitization, a new HEPA air filtration system, safe, secure airport transportation, quarantine on campus as required, an on-campus nurse, and more.
Current protocols in place to protect our community against COVID-19 include:
- To ensure the continued safety of our community, all students and staff at Bronte College will be required to be vaccinated for the 2021-2022 school year in order to enter campus. Students who have already received one or both doses of a COVID vaccine must submit proof of vaccination to our school nurse.
- If students are unable to receive vaccines in their home country, Bronte College staff will assist residence students in arranging and receiving their vaccine doses in Ontario. Day students must complete a WHO approved 2-dose vaccine schedule and complete a two-week waiting period after their final dose before entering campus.
- Residence students who are not yet fully immunized will not be allowed off campus, unless it is to be vaccinated or receive medical treatment.
- Currently, students regardless of where they are travelling from are required to complete a 14-day quarantine, unless they have been fully vaccinated with an approved vaccine (as per Health Canada). Border officers reserve the right to require quarantine for fully vaccinated individuals. Residence students will be picked up from the airport and brought to campus to quarantine if required. All meals, WIFI access, and medical attention is provided.
On Campus Protocols
- Students and staff are required to wear 3-ply face masks in public areas – such as hallways, classrooms, washrooms, cafeteria, elevators and the front foyer.
- Visitors are restricted on campus.
- Staff and students coming onto campus are required to complete a self-assessment questionnaire before coming to the campus every day, and their temperature is taken when they enter and leave the building.
- Enhancements have been made to the school building to ensure the safety of students and staff. Plexiglass barriers have been installed where appropriate and non-essential seating has been removed from the front foyer.
- Bronte College has installed HEPA air filters around the school in classrooms and offices, as well as increased frequency of changing filters for the ventilation systems.
- Bronte has also installed Step N Pull touchless bathroom doors for less shared contact, and water bottle refill stations for student and staff use.
- Bronte College has increased the daily cleaning schedules of the school building and added additional sanitization stations around campus for student convenience. Sanitization reminders are posted around the school with COVID-19 safety signs.
- As the school returns to face-to-face learning, social distancing protocols will be in effect to limit close exposure including flow arrows in the hallways and limited capacity in elevators.
Bronte College continues to work to ensure the health and safety of all staff and students by meeting and exceeding municipal and provincial guidelines. Please note these protocols may be subject to change pending on government restrictions and guidelines.
For frequently asked questions about our COVID-19 vaccination policy, please click here: Bronte-College-Vaccine-FAQ-Aug-2021