COVID-19 Protocols on Campus
April 7, 2021
COVID-19 Protocols at Bronte College
Bronte College continues to ensure the health and safety of all our students and staff on campus. We have provided our students quarantine on campus upon arrival, safe, secure airport transportation, an on-campus nurse and a hygienic school environment. Current protocols in place to protect our community against COVID-19 include:
- Currently, all students, regardless of where they are travelling from are required to complete a 14-day quarantine. For Residence students, direct pick up from the airport or their quarantine hotel is provided. During quarantine on campus, students are provided all meals, WIFI access, and medical attention if required.
- All new and returning students who have arrived in Canada must have a negative result from a COVID-19 test at the end of their quarantine period.
- Students and staff are required to wear 3-ply face masks in public areas – such as hallways, classrooms, washrooms, cafeteria, and the front foyer, and visitors are restricted on campus.
- Staff working on campus are required to complete a self-assessment questionnaire before coming to work every day, and their temperature is taken when they enter and leave the building.
- Enhancements have been made to the school building to ensure the safety of students and staff. Plexiglass barriers have been installed where appropriate and non-essential seating has been removed from the front foyer.
- Bronte College has installed HEPA air filters around the school in, Step N Pull touchless bathroom doors for less shared contact, and water bottle refill stations for student and staff use.
- Bronte College has increased the daily cleaning schedules of the school building and also added additional sanitization stations around campus for student convenience. Sanitization reminders are posted around the school with COVID-19 safety signs.
Bronte College continues to work to ensure the health and safety of all staff and students by meeting and exceeding municipal and provincial guidelines. Please note these protocols may be subject to change pending on government restrictions and guidelines.