COVID-19 Protocols on Campus
March 9, 2022
COVID-19 Protocols at Bronte College
At Bronte College our priority is the health and safety of our community. Since the beginning of the Pandemic, we have implemented numerous safety measures to protect our staff and students including mask and temperature mandates, increased sanitization, a new HEPA air filtration system, safe, secure airport transportation, quarantine on campus as required, an on-campus nurse, and more. When necessary, staff and students will be asked to provide a negative PCR test, and to take a Rapid Antigen Test to help ensure the safety of our community.
When circumstances require, Bronte College will follow the Student Protective Policy. These additional measures include:
1. Boarding students will be restricted to campus. Outside breaks will be organized and supervised. Any student leaving Bronte College property at any time during shutdown will be put into quarantine for 14 days.
2. Classes will be held online through TEAMS.
3. Students must refrain from close contact with other students and practice the 2 metre social distancing policy, including at mealtimes.
1. To ensure the continued safety of our community, all students and staff at Bronte College will be required to be vaccinated in order to attend classes. Students who have already received one or both doses of a COVID vaccine must submit proof of vaccination to our school nurse.
2. If students are unable to receive vaccines in their home country, Bronte College staff will assist boarding students in arranging and receiving their vaccine doses in Ontario. Day students must complete a WHO approved 2-dose vaccine schedule and complete a two-week waiting period after their final dose before entering campus.
3. Boarding students who are not yet fully immunized will not be allowed off campus, unless it is to be vaccinated or receive medical treatment.
4. Currently, students regardless of where they are travelling from are required to complete a 14-day quarantine, unless they have been fully vaccinated with an approved vaccine (as per Health Canada). Border officers reserve the right to require quarantine for fully vaccinated individuals. Boarding students will be picked up from the airport and brought to campus to quarantine if required. All meals, WIFI access, and medical attention is provided.
On Campus Protocols
1. Students and staff are required to wear 3-ply disposable face masks at all times.
2. Visitors are restricted on campus.
3. Staff and students are required to complete a self-assessment questionnaire each day, and their temperature is taken when they enter and leave the building.
4. Enhancements have been made to the school building to ensure the safety of students and staff. Plexiglass barriers have been installed where appropriate and non-essential seating has been removed from the front foyer.
5. Bronte College has installed HEPA air filters around the school in classrooms and offices, as well as increased frequency of changing filters for the ventilation systems.
6. Bronte has also installed Step N Pull touchless bathroom doors for less shared contact, and water bottle refill stations for student and staff use.
7. Bronte College has increased the daily cleaning schedules of the school building and added additional sanitization stations around campus for student convenience. Sanitization reminders are posted around the school with COVID-19 safety signs.