COVID-19 Protocols on Campus
May 17, 2023
COVID-19 Protocols at Bronte College
At Bronte College, our priority is the health and safety of our community. Since the beginning of the Pandemic, we have implemented numerous safety measures to protect our staff and students including mask and temperature mandates, increased sanitization, a new HEPA air filtration system, safe, secure airport transportation, quarantine on campus as required, an on-campus nurse, and more. When necessary, staff and students will be asked to take a Rapid Antigen Test to help ensure the safety of our community.
Effective May 16, 2023, the COVID-19 vaccine requirement will be paused. Bronte College will continue to monitor and respond to new developments and may reinstate the vaccine requirement on short notice should circumstances warrant. We continue to strongly recommend Covid-19 vaccination as an important step in protecting public health and encourage all of our students and staff to stay up to date with their vaccinations.
ON CAMPUS PROTOCOLS
- Students and staff are requested to wear 3-ply disposable face masks in classrooms. Face masks are optional throughout the rest of the campus.
- Visitors to campus require an appointment and need to present Proof of Covid-19 Vaccine, as well as wear a mask, and complete a self-assessment questionnaire.
- Staff and students are required to complete a self-assessment questionnaire each day.
- Enhancements have been made to the school building to ensure the safety of students and staff, such as plexiglass barriers where appropriate.
- Bronte College has installed HEPA air filters around the school in classrooms and offices, as well as increased frequency of changing filters for the ventilation systems.
- Bronte has also installed Step N Pull touchless bathroom doors for less shared contact, and water bottle refill stations for student and staff use.
- Bronte College has increased the daily cleaning schedules of the school building and added additional sanitization stations around campus for student convenience.
When circumstances require, Bronte College will follow the Student Protective Policy. These additional measures include:
- Boarding students will be restricted to campus. Outside breaks will be organized and supervised. Any student leaving Bronte College property at any time during shutdown will be put into quarantine for 14 days.
- Classes will be held online through TEAMS.
- Students must refrain from close contact with other students and practice the 2 metre social distancing policy, including at mealtimes.